Facebook  Twitter  Vimeo

Family Law NB Family Law NB Family Law NB - Online resources for the public

Family Law Forms

Instructions for Completing and Printing Forms

  • To help you select and complete the forms you will need for your action, check out the Self-Help Guides on this website to see if any of them relate to your family law matter. You should read the guides carefully. They might help you decide what information you need to provide. Look at the FAQs and  Ask an Expert Videos for more tips and information on court procedures.
  • Once you know which forms you need, you can click on the type of action to review, download or print the required forms.
  • The forms necessary for applying to the Court in a family law matter are set out in the “Rules of Court” and “Forms of Court”.  You cannot alter the Forms of Court so please do not try to cut out sections or change anything about the form.  If certain parts of the form do not apply to you, simply cross them out. 
  • The Court requires that you submit (file) Forms according to certain standards…be sure to print the forms you need on legal size paper (8 ½ x 14) unless otherwise indicated.  One of the few forms that does not have to be on legal size paper is the Notice of Motion.
  • You can complete your forms electronically and print them on legal paper to file. Be sure to check your default printer setting and change it to legal paper, if necessary, when you print your forms.
  • You can instead simply print off the form on legal size paper and fill it in by hand.  The explanatory notes will print as “endnotes” on the last page.
  • Please note, that you cannot “e-file” forms.  You must file the forms and fees with the Court in person or by mail.
  • If you can’t print the forms, make a list of the ones that you may need and go to any Service New Brunswick Office. They will give you copies of the forms.  You will have to pay a photocopy fee to get these forms.  A few family law forms such as the Petition, Joint Petition and Financial Statement are also available directly from the court.

Back to Family Law Forms


Family Law Information Video
Family Law Workshops
Ask an Expert Videos
Going to Court
Family Law Forms
Family Law Publications
Find a Lawyer / Get Help
Self-Help Guides
Parenting After Separation
Parent Information Program
quick links header

Doing Your Own Divorce

Changing Child Support - Orders made in NB

Changing Child Support - Orders made
outside NB

Applying For Custody, Access and/or Support

Need Help?

Your Opinion Matters


What’s New
About This Site
Ask An Expert Videos

Living Common-Law
Separation and Divorce
Marital Property
Custody and Access
Child Support
Spousal Support
Support Enforcement
Staying Out Of Court
Representing Yourself
Other Issues


Going To Court
English or French?
Presenting Your Case in Court
Preparing for Your Court Hearing
The Day Of Your Hearing
Tips for the Court Hearing
After the Hearing

Family Law Forms
Printing & Completing Forms
Custody, Access and Support
Changing an Order
Interjurisdictional Support Orders
Consent Order
Court-Ordered Evaluations Support Program
Family Law Forms for Saint John and Moncton


Family Law Publications
Family Law for Immigrants
Child and Spousal Support
Child Support Recalculation Service
Parenting After Separation
Divorce and Separation
Support Enforcement
Family Violence
Other Materials

Find a Lawyer/Get Help
Family Law Information Video
You and Your Lawyer
Find a Lawyer
Get Help (Domestic Legal Aid)
Legal Advice Clinics

Self-Help Guides


Parenting After Separation
Online Parent Information Program (PIP)
(formerly known as For the Sake of the Children)

Family Law Information Line


Public Legal Education and Information
Service of New Brunswick

  P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton
New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5H1
  Telephone: (506) 453-5369
Family Law Line: 1-888-236-2444
  Fax: (506) 462-5193