Facebook  Twitter  Vimeo

Family Law NB Family Law NB Family Law NB - Online resources for the public

Family Law Forms

Changing an Order (eg. child support variation)

Below you will find an overview of many of the forms and documents necessary to handle your own [divorce/parenting or support application/child support variation]. In the “Examples” column you can find links to examples of filled-out versions these forms and documents. This information is meant to offer general information on the forms and procedure related to family court applications, and not meant as a comment on any individual’s specific situation, nor as legal advice.

Changing an existing court order is called a variation. Variations can be done by a consent order if both parties agree, by an application, or by a motion. For instructions on how to change a child support order or agreement, check out the Child Support Variation Kit. For information on changing other family court orders or responding to an application to change an order, you can review the guide Applying for Custody, Access and Support in New Brunswick.

Outside the judicial districts of Saint John and Moncton use Form 72U if you already have a child support order and are applying to change it. Use Form 37A for all other motions.

If you are representing yourself on your private family law proceeding or on your divorce, you can contact us for my information by calling the PLEIS-NB toll-free Family Law Information Line at 1-888-236-2444, or by emailing us at info@familylawnb.ca. If you live in Saint John or Moncton, you can to contact the Family Law Information Centre (“FLIC”) located in their respective Courthouses:

  • Saint John: (506)658-6361
  • Moncton: (506) 856-3131.

Blank copies of these forms can be accessed via the NB Attorney General’s website, or by going to your local Service New Brunswick office and requesting the form by name.

Form Number

Title of Form



Form 72U

Notice of Motion

Example of a completed Notice of Motion (under the Divorce Act)

Example of a completed Notice of Motion (under the Family Services Act)

Form 72J

Financial Statement

A Guide to Completing Form 72J: Financial Statement and Income Information

This is not a form.

Affidavit (template)

Example of a completed Affidavit

This is not a form.


Example of a completed Cover Letter

Form 18B

Affidavit of Service

Example of a completed Affidavit of Service – Personal Service

Example of a completed Affidavit of Service –Service by Registered Mail

Form 18A

Acknowledgment of Receipt Card

Example of a completed Acknowledgment of Receipt Card

This is not a form.


Example of a completed Cover Letter for  Record on Motion

This is not a form.


Example of a completed Index for a Record on Motion

This is not a form.


Example of a completed Responding Document

Form 81F Motion to Change  
Form 81G Change Information Form  
Form 84H Response to Motion to Change  
Form 81I Consent Motion to Change  


Back to Family Law Forms



Family Law Information Video
Family Law Information Line
Family Law Workshops
Ask an Expert Videos
FAQs about Family Law
Going to Court
Family Law Forms
Family Law Publications
Find a Lawyer / Get Help
Self-Help Guides
Parenting After Separation
Parent Information Program
Court Evaluations Support
quick links header

Doing Your Own Divorce

Applying For Parenting and Support Orders

Changing Child Support - Orders made in NB

Changing Child Support - Orders made
outside NB

Need Help? Call the Family Law Information Line

Your Opinion Matters


What’s New
About This Site
Ask An Expert Videos

Living Common-Law
Separation and Divorce
Marital Property
Custody and Access
Child Support
Spousal Support
Support Enforcement
Staying Out Of Court
Representing Yourself
Other Issues


Going To Court
English or French?
Presenting Your Case in Court
Preparing for Your Court Hearing
The Day Of Your Hearing
Tips for the Court Hearing
After the Hearing

Family Law Forms
Printing & Completing Forms
Custody, Access and Support
Changing an Order
Interjurisdictional Support Orders
Consent Order
Court-Ordered Evaluations Support Program
Family Law Forms for Saint John and Moncton


Family Law Publications
Family Law for Immigrants
Child and Spousal Support
Child Support Recalculation Service
Parenting After Separation
Divorce and Separation
Support Enforcement
Family Violence
Other Materials

Find a Lawyer/Get Help
Family Law Information Video
You and Your Lawyer
Find a Lawyer
Get Help (Domestic Legal Aid)
Legal Advice Clinics

Self-Help Guides


Parenting After Separation
Online Parent Information Program (PIP)
(formerly known as For the Sake of the Children)

Family Law Information Line


Public Legal Education and Information
Service of New Brunswick

  P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton
New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5H1
  Telephone: (506) 453-5369
Family Law Line: 1-888-236-2444